- EDUCATION: Dr. Lorelei Irina Brasoveanu graduated in 1984 from the University of Bucharest, Chemistry Faculty, Biochemistry Dept., Biochemistry specialization. She took her Ph.D. in Biology, Biochemistry specialization in 2000;
- TRAINING: post-universitary specialization at Centro Riferimento Oncologico (C.R.O.), Unita Terapie Immunologiche Inovative (U.T.I.I.), Aviano, Italy (1993-1996)
Research interests: tumor immunology, cancer cellular and molecular biomarkers, cancer immunotherapy, nanomedicine, multidrug resistance in oncology, biologic active compounds, cancer stem cells, personalized medicine.
Managerial/ Organizational competences and skills:
- Management of the “Center of Immunology” of the Romanian Academy (that functions as a department within the Institute of Virusology (IVN) with scientific autonomy) since 2000.
- Ph.D advisor in Medicine, Immunology Specialization (the Romanian Academy Doctoral Studies – SCOSAAR) since 2006;
- Coordination of the research activity in the “Center of Immunology”, involved in national and international research projects.
- Member of the Scientific Council of the Institute of Virology
- Management and participation in over 40 national research projects and grants as director, partner or team member
- Author/co-author of over 250 studies, published in peer-review national and international journals or communicated at national or international scientific meetings
Technical skills and competences: cell cultures, cell-, complement- and drug-cytotoxicity assays, flow cytometry (apoptosis, cell cycle, antigen detection), Real Time Cell Analysis (RTCA), protein microarray, immunological and immunochemical techniques (SDS-PAGE, Western blotting), molecular biology (real time RT-PCR), ELISA
Membership in national/international scientific societies: Romanian Society of Oncology – since 1990; Romanian Society of Immunology – since 1996 (affiliated to IUIS, EFIS, BAIS); Romanian Societaty Romana of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (SRBBM) – since 2000 (affiliated to FEBS); Romanian Societaty of Cytometry – since 2008 (affiliated to International Society for Advancement of Citometry)
Others: evaluator for national grants, projects; reviewer for national and international scientific journals, scientific adviser for undergraduate, master, Ph.D and postgraduate studies; member of defense committees for Ph.D theses