The members of the Center for Immunology are engaged in activities in the following areas:
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms involved in human pathology, predominantly in oncology.
- Screening and modulation of the expression of markers associated with biological processes.
- In vitro studies on immunotherapeutic approaches in cancer.
- In vitro studies on the biological effects induced by nanoparticles containing drugs/natural compounds.
- Prevention/chemoprevention/multi-drug resistance.
- Immunological diagnosis and studies on immune status.
- Training in immunology techniques, immunochemistry, cell cultures, flow cytometry.
- Providing scientific and technological services.
Objectives of the Center for Immunology:
- Enhancing knowledge in the field of fundamental and advanced scientific research excellence in immunology through conducting studies and research in the specific field of activity.
- Increasing the visibility of the Center for Immunology both nationally and internationally by exploiting the results of scientific research activities.
- Maintaining and improving the Integrated Management System implemented within the Center for Immunology by monitoring the achievement of the Center’s annual activity plan.
- Increasing the Center for Immunology’s capacity to provide consultancy/professional training in the field of immunology.
- Improving the quality of research conducted by the Center for Immunology through research programs in partnership, collaborations with medical institutions, and university research centers, and attracting new sources of funding.
- Enhancing the level of training/competence of the members of the Center for Immunology through participation in various courses/specializations.